Secrets of Story Telling for Speakers – 10X Your Speaking Business with Douglas Vermeeren

Secrets of Storytelling for Speakers

According to Douglas Vermeeren Storytelling is one of the most important skills a speaker can develop. Storytelling is the most important part of connection and engagement. It makes you real and relatable. It is what allows people to see your authenticity. Storytelling is also considered one of the most powerful skills you can have when selling form the stage. The power of storytelling cannot be underestimated. I love storytelling. (Can you tell?)

One of the reasons I love story telling is I love stories. I love hearing them, writing them and watching them. I love them so much that’s actually what I studied in school. (Yes, that’s true I didn’t go to school to actually become a speaker. Doug Vermeeren went to become a filmmaker and my studies focused on screenwriting. You’ve seen some of my work already in The Opus, The Gratitude Experiment and my latest movie The Treasure Map. I’ve written many other non-personal development stories including award winning comic books, TV pilots and other movies. Betcha didn’t know that about me.)

Anyways, I believe in the importance of storytelling. And it’s a powerful tool that every speaker needs. I believe in it so much that I have prepare a special session that will give you some immediate tools to build powerful stories in your presentations. Much of this information I have learned from some of the most powerful storytellers in Hollywood in my film classes.
Most speakers don’t know this stuff — but it will make your stories more powerful, more engaging and eliminate a lot of stuff that makes most stories boring.
Here are some quick tips:
1. Remember that every story needs a clear beginning, middle and end.
2. Eliminate needless details and distractions that take people away from the clear story line.
3. Find a moral or point to the story before starting. (Sometimes called a theme.) If you don’t know it before you start your listeners will never find it.
4. A story isn’t just telling what happened, it’s returning to what happened. If you relive it vividly in your mind and become emotionally attached your audience will find it easier to connect too.
5. Every story should have a turning point. In other words a major moment of decision that takes the protagonist from the distress to victory. It must be decision not something lucky that just happens. (We don’t cheer when Mother Nature or chance saves the day.)
That’s enough for now. Getting ready to offer a special session on story telling PM me if you want to know more:

Source By: Doug Vermeeren

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doug Vermeeren | Value of Motivational Speaking in Modern Times

Your Will-power starts with your Why-Power! Personal Power Mastery

Doug Vermeeren | Our Values determine so much!